I’m on the radio

iPlayer logoJust a quick post to say that I was on BBC Radio Kent yesterday, talking about my RHS book.

Here’s the iPlayer link:

I’m on from about 35mins.

Helen

Advertisements

7 Responses to I’m on the radio

1. Dorothy Mathew says:

Regarding Helen’s new book. Can anyone please tell me the name of the white flowering plant in the woodland photograph on page 15?

• Helen says:

It looks to me like Dicentra ‘Langtrees’ – I grew it in my last garden. Sorry, I didn’t get to choose the pictures to illustrate my text!

Helen

2. Dorothy Mathew says:

3. Annie says:

Hi Dot,

I reckon it is convallaria (shame she didn’t tell us, eh?). Or, being as you asked the question twice, I presume you wanted two answers, so here’s another: it might be an anenome.

By-the-by I recommend Phillips and Rix’s books on perennials. They have fabulous photos, loads of gen. and are very competitively priced.

4. Judy_C says:

Dear Helen,

Just saw your luv’ly book in the shop. And it’s so full, so knowledgeable, so pretty, I felt I had to ask: did you write it all yourself, and all the research and everything? It must have taken ages and ages, and you are always such a busy bee.

5. Helen says:

Yes, Judy, I did write it all myself (apart from many of the snippets in boxes in the plant directory that were contributed by Leigh Hunt of the RHS) and I have to say that when I agreed to do it I had no idea it would be such hard work! The most enjoyable bits to write, as you might imagine, were the chapters at the beginning and end, where I was able to ‘do my own thing’ to a great extent. Work on the plant directory section nearly did my head in. Everything I wrote was, of course, scrutinized by the RHS.

6. Judy_C says:

Dear Helen,

Thanks for your reply, but I am afraid Phillips and Rix is the book for me. I don’t think it can be bettered.

luv J